Te Mata Estate Gamay Noir Hawke's Bay 2023

$28.99

Estimated delivery between July 18 and July 20.

Inspired by Beaujolais, made in Hawke's Bay and all about expressing Gamay's soft red berry flavours with lifted floral aromas and a smooth, medium body. Carbonic maceration was used for 47% of the wine and it enhances the fruit and floral aromas. The remaining 53% received a traditional, warm, red wine fermentation. The resulting wines completed their malolactic fermentation and were matured for seven weeks in seasoned French oak barrels, before blending and bottling.

Vineyards


In 1995, Te Mata Estate introduced to New Zealand a superior selection of Gamay Noir ? Jus Blanc, the grape variety of the best wines of France?s Beaujolais region. Estate Vineyards Gamay Noir 2020 is a single vineyard wine from Te Mata Estate?s Woodthorpe Terraces vineyard, harvested on 3 and 12 March 2020.

Woodthorpe vineyard is located on elevated, north facing terraces in Hawke?s Bay Tutaekuri River valley. Between 1863 and 1914 it was home to the annual Woodthorpe races. 

(0)

Share