Craggy Range Syrah Gimblett Gravels 2020/2021


Estimated delivery between May 24 and May 26.

Craggy Range chief winemaker Julian Grounds uses an old heritage clone of Syrah to make this full bodied, deeply coloured red with its spicy flavours and fresh fruit forward style. Syrah is the second most planted red grape in Hawke?s Bay after Merlot and 70% of the grapes in this wine were hand harvested, 18% whole bunch fermented with the remaining 82% destemmed. They were all fermented with indigenous yeasts and the wine was aged in French oak, 25% new, for 14 months. 

The result is one of our best value and best tasting local Syrahs under $30. An extraordinary wine for the price. 

We love it and think it represents outstanding value for money. 

Try it.